Monday, October 17, 2005

A Tribute to Spark Plugs and T.V. Superstars

[Thanks to Claire, you are awesome] Why should public teachers want to keep their salaries static? I had always been suprised at teachers trying to push for higher salaries, which most people would have to agree would greatly incrase the quality of the public education system. This is coming from someone who went to the worst school in the worst school district of the worst state (subject to opinion, but im pretty sure I've heard it somewhere... if that's a source to cite). But teachers have value, and although many teach because they like it, there are teachers that are worth more than others. So if the pay for teachers went up, so would the supply, and likewise underqualified teachers that are now teaching would most likely be replaced. It's all about supply and demand.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah, I think Florida has two states with worse educational systems: Alabama and one other I can't remember right now.

Keep posting your lovely thoughts, no matter how cynical they may seem at the time!

mad love

9:07 AM  
Blogger Christa said...

Don't worry, Louisiana's definitely keeping Florida afloat on that score, guys...

10:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hit Counter
Online College Degree