1500 Fans Cheering Me On
A go-kart made out of sticks and banana leaves. I was so impressed!
A boda driver. And who ever said that Muslims don't like their picture taken?



View from the campsite at Sipi Falls. We went there for the weekend and it was amazing and beautiful!


The first waterfall at Sipi Falls. Me and Janessa.
Our group at Sipi Falls. Yes, i was the only guy. :) On the left is our guide. A high schooler that we each paid USH 12,000 (about 5 USD) for the entire weekend.
This man is doing laundry atop a waterfall!!! Crazy! The funny this is, there were plenty of socks at the bottom... so even in Africa people lose socks in the wash..jpg)
Stuck in "restaurant" during rainstorm.
We got stuck in a little "restaurant" during a crazy storm.... I had fun taking pictures of these kids.
Everyone loves to play nerts (is that how it is spelled?)Yesterday we organized a soccer tournament and invited 8 schools to come play in them. The schools were instructed to only bring about thirty people so that we could have lessons and trainings as well. Well, this is Africa, and each school didn't bring 30 but 300!!! It was so fun! The schools lined the entire soccer field and we chanting and cheering for their players (they even brought the traditional drums to do some intense cheerleading). Whenever their team scored they would all storm the field in euphoria. At the end of the tournament we had a Mzungu vs community leaders match. So in High School I think the total number of fans would sometimes approach 100, but usually stayed around 30 or 40 (comprised mostly of parents). Yesterday we had 1500!!! All of the kids were chanting (drums included) "Go Mzungus!" And when we scored the entire mass of them stormed the field!!! It was awesome to say the least. Unfortunately it was after a LONG day of standing in the sun and I was a tiny bit dehydrated so at the end of the match I was dead. I went home and promptly went to sleep, only to wake up at 1 am with a horrendous fever. Luckily medicine cures it all!!!

2 Comments:
Scott, these pictures are AMAZING. So beautiful. It makes me want to go to Uganda myself. Wow.
WOW!!!!!!!!!! I am so glad that you put these pictures on!
Post a Comment
<< Home